※ 농경애니텍에서 제공하는 모든 미니리뷰는 농경애니텍의 사적인 의견이 다분하며 저작권이 농경애니텍에 귀속됩니다. 본 리뷰뿐 아니라 상세설명을 허락없이 무단으로 옮기는 것은 사양합니다
소동물영양학의 바이블인 SACN 5판이 발간되었읍니다(4판은 1999년판) 개정판은 풀칼라로 바뀌었으며 최신의 연구내용이 많이 보강되었읍니다
출판사에서는 분량으로 치면 40% 의 새로운 정보가 수록되었으며 이는 6개의 새로운 챕터를 포함합니다.
※ 본 서는 사료회사의 제공분량이 있어 국내에 극히 소량만 수입하는 도서입니다.
주문시 재고를 확인해주시기 바라며 국내재고가 소진시 해외주문을 진행하여야 하여 3주 가량이 소요됩니다
※ 본 SACN을 발간하는 Mark Morrison Institute는 Hill's 에서 후원을 하고 있는 연구기관이며 교육기관으로써 동물의 영양학을 연구하는 데에 있어 세계적으로 가장 많은 투자를 하고 있는 기관입니다.
Small Animal Clinical Nutrition,
- Full color design
- New format making the text easier to use
- Feeding plans are color coded and easy to find
- Coverage of dogs, cats, birds, reptiles and small mammals
- Forty percent new information including 6 new chapters and 20 new cases
- Over 125 authors and contributors
- Most comprehensive, practical small animal nutrition resource available
The book is organized into 23 sections to facilitate location of information. Section 1 (Principles of Small Animal Clinical Nutrition) begins with an overview of the iterative process of clinical nutrition with emphasis on patient assessment, development of a comprehensive feeding plan and reassessment or monitoring the patient. The other chapters in this section address basic nutrition information. There are four new chapters in this section including:
- Evidence-Based Clinical Nutrition
- Health Literacy and Client Compliance
- Nutrigenomics and Nutrigenetics: Nutritional Genomics in Health and Disease
Section 2 (Pet Foods) covers a wide range of topics about commercial and homemade pet foods. This section ends with a unique chapter on pet food safety, which is an important topic in this era of increased concerns and public debate about safety of pet and human foods.
Sections 3 through 5 (Nutritional Management of Healthy Dogs and Cats) provide important information about how to feed dogs and cats with the goals of optimizing wellness and performance. For easier access, these chapters have been updated and subdivided according to lifestage and reproductive activity. Section 4 contains feeding information for working and sporting dogs.
Sections 6 through 21 cover dietary management of patients with clinical disorders. All chapters have been extensively updated and two new chapters and multiple new cases have been added:
- Nutritional Management of Osteoarthritis
- Cognitive Dysfunction in Dogs
Section 22 (Feeding Small Mammals, Reptiles and Pet Birds) is included in response to numerous requests for practical feeding information for these patients. Birds, rodents, ferrets, rabbits and reptiles were once considered exotic pets but today are common veterinary patients.