※ 농경애니텍에서 제공하는 모든 미니리뷰는 농경애니텍의 사적인 의견이 다분하며 저작권이 농경애니텍에 귀속됩니다. 본 리뷰뿐 아니라 상세설명을 허락없이 무단으로 옮기는 것은 사양합니다
수의분야에서 내시경의 중요성은 점점 더 커지고 있읍니다.
이는 단순히 호흡기, 또는 소화기내의 이물에 관련한 활용도 뿐 아니라 수많은 질병의 확진, 검사, 치료에 있어서 첨단의료의 분야가 확장된다는 의미이기도 합니다.
1999년에 발간되었던 이전판 이후로 개정판에서는 Rigid Endoscopy의 활용에 많은 뭬를 새로이 실었고 1,000장 이상의 칼라사진들이 이상상태의 구별을 도와줄 것이며 장비, 기구의 준비에 대한 도움말도 수록되어 있읍니다.
내시경 검사전, 검사후의 처치법에 대한 조언도 빼놓지 않고 있으며 flexible, Rigid Endoscopy를 구비한 후에 이를 어떤 식으로 임상에 적용하고 마케팅을 하느냐의 문제도 다루고 있읍니다.
도서에 기재된 암호를 입력하고 접속하는 웹사이트에서 다양한 동영상과 처치법 들에 대한 자료와 증례들을 제공하고 있읍니다.
Small Animal Endoscopy, 3rd Edition
By Todd R. Tams, DVM, DACVIM and Clarence A. Rawlings, DVM, PhD, DACVS
- 696 Pages
- Trim Size: 8 3/4 X 11 1/16 in
- Imprint: Mosby
- ISBN: 978-0-323-05578-9
- Copyright: 2011
latest edition of the critically acclaimed Small Animal Endoscopy presents informative, practical, and up-to-date guidance on endoscopic indications, instrumentation, patient preparation, and techniques. Todd R. Tams and Clarence A. Rawlings, the foremost experts in veterinary endoscopy, provide the novice as well as the advanced practitioner with the information needed to deliver the safest, high-quality endoscopic services for small animals, including avian and exotics. Chapters are organized consistently and lavishly illustrated to help you easily find and understand key concepts and procedures. This edition includes a companion website with expert demonstrations of techniques and examples of patient discharge instructions for veterinarians to give to clients.
- Enables you to deliver the safest, high quality care and a wider range of services to the pets of increasingly concerned and savvy owners.
- Features cutting-edge information on minimally invasive procedures to improve diagnostic accuracy, reduce operating time, improve success, minimize post-operative stress and pain, and promote faster healing.
- Helps you recognize the many indications for endoscopy in everyday practice.
- Covers a vast range of topics in a clear, concise and readable style.
- Describes instrumentation, examination, and sample procurement techniques in detail.
- Shows both normal and abnormal findings you may encounter during a procedure in an atlas of images in relevant chapters.
- Provides minimally invasive examination and surgical options for veterinarians treating uniquely sensitive avian and exotic patients.
- Provides step-by-step instructions on specific techniques.
- Helps beginners master endoscopic diagnosis and treatment and more experienced endoscopists utilize their endoscopic equipment to its fullest capacity.
New to This Edition
- Expanded content on the use of rigid endoscopy helps you perform the most current minimally invasive surgical procedures.
- A new coeditor, Dr. Clarence Rawlings, shares his expertise in rigid endoscopy for diagnostic and surgical procedures and his extensive knowledge of endosurgery.
- Consistent chapter organization includes sections on indications, instrumentation, patient preparation, and restraint, in addition to details of the procedures themselves.
- Over 1,000 color images depict normal and abnormal anatomical features, as well as numerous tables and diagrammatic representations.
- Required or recommended instrumentation
- Instructions on how to care for, clean, and store endoscopic instruments
- Pre-endoscopic procedures, including patient preparation, equipment set-up, and positioning of personnel
- Instructions on how to correctly hold and manipulate both flexible and rigid endoscopes
- Post-endoscopic procedures, including patient recovery and proper submission of tissue samples
- Information on how to incorporate flexible and rigid endoscopy into a veterinary practice using specific marketing skills and appropriate personnel training
- A bonus website takes understanding to the next level with videos of:
- Cystoscope placement technique, normal cystoscopy, and calculi removal
- How to perform a normal examination
- 12 different clinical endoscopic procedures, including intraoperative uretheroscopy, laparoscopic-assisted cystoscopy, laser correction of an ectopic ureter, and more
- Many patient cases are showcased, with each case presenting a patient's complaint, diagnostic studies used for assessment, the endoscopic procedure enlisted, surgical treatment, and case follow-up. The benefits of using endoscopy are discussed in each case.
Part I: Flexible Endoscopy
- Endoscopic Instrumentation and Documentation for Flexible and Rigid Endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: Instrumentation, Handling Technique, Training, and Implementation in Practice
- Enteroscopic Examination of the Small Intestine
- Endoscopic Removal of Gastrointestinal Foreign Bodies
- Endoscopic Biopsy Specimen Collection and Histopathologic Considerations
- Endoscopic Placement of Gastrostomy and Jejunostomy Tubes
- Laryngoscopy and Tracheobronchoscopy of the Dog and Cat
Part II: Rigid Endoscopy
- Stapling and Energy Devices for Endoscopic Surgery
- Application of Laser Energy with Endoscopic Visualization
- Endoscopic Knot Tying and Suturing
- Psychomotor Training and Virtual Reality
- Vaginoscopy and Transcervical Catheterization in the Bitch
- Exotic Pets
- Marketing Endoscopic Services in the Clinic
- New Technologies on the Horizon
By Todd R. Tams, DVM, DACVIM, Chief Medical Officer, VCA Antech, Inc., Los Angeles, CA; Staff Internist, VCA West Los Angeles Animal Hospital, West Los Angeles, CA and Clarence A. Rawlings, DVM, PhD, DACVS, Professor Emeritus Small Animal Surgery, Department of Small Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, The University of Georgia, Athens, GA