Cowell의 새포학, 혈액학이 개정되어 발간되었읍니다.
기존의 3판도 2판에 비해 많은 개정이 있어 임상가들에게 환영을 받았는데 이번 4판은 2008년에 발간되었던 3판보다 100페이지나 지면이 증가하여 많은 새로운 부분이 수록되었읍니다.
아래와 같은 새로운 4개의 챕터가 추가/분리되었읍니다.
그 외에도 수많은 챕터가 새로이 저술되었다고 하며 특히 병원내의 검사와 외부 검사의뢰에 대한 지침 등이 추가되었읍니다.
새로이 임상을 시작하는 수의사 뿐 아니라 경력이 많으신 임상가들에게도 필독서가 되리라 생각합니다.
Highly respected in the field, Diagnostic Cytology and Hematology of the Dog and Cat is the complete resource for developing the knowledge and skills you need for clinical laboratory diagnostics. Detailed illustrations and descriptions of cytologic and hematologic samples allow you to diagnose both common and uncommon diseases in dogs and cats. Microscopic evaluation techniques and interpretation guidelines for organ tissue, blood, and other body fluid specimens give you a basic understanding of sample collection and specimen preparation. In addition, algorithms are generously distributed throughout the text, helping you evaluate various cytologic preparations.
New to This Edition
- NEW! Four new chapters - The Adrenal Gland, Immunocytochemistry, Flow Cytometry, and Molecular Methods in Lymphoid Malignancies - provide you with detailed information on how these topics relate to clinical disease diagnosis.
- NEW! Revised chapters throughout the text give you the most complete and up-to-date coverage of recently recognized conditions, new terminology, and new procedures.
- NEW! Callouts highlighting Tips and Pitfalls facilitate quick access and detailed instructions for in-house laboratory evaluation, including specimen preparation and diagnosis, as well as submission and transport of samples for commercial laboratory interpretation.
- Over 1,300 vivid, high-resolution images help you identify normal vs. abnormal cells, enabling you to make accurate diagnoses.
- User-friendly, detailed instructions guide you through in-house laboratory evaluation as well as the submission and transport of samples for culture and commercial laboratory interpretation.
- Easy-to-follow algorithms and tables facilitate quick access to necessary information and guide you to the most accurate cytologic diagnosis.
- Contributions from nearly 50 academic and diagnostic laboratory experts provide the best and most current information available.
- Comprehensive coverage in one all-inclusive resource saves you time.
Sample Collection and Preparation
2. Cell Types and Criteria of Malignancy
3. Selected Infectious Agents
4. Round Cells
5. Cutaneous and Subcutaneous Lesions
6. Subcutaneous Glandular Tissue: Mammary, Salivary, Thyroid, and Parathyroid
7. Nasal Exudates and Masses
8. Oropharynx and Tonsils
9. Eyes and Associated Structures
10. External Ear Canal
11. The Lymph Nodes
12. Synovial Fluid Analysis
13. The Musculoskeletal System
14. Cerebrospinal Fluid and Central Nervous System Cytology
15. Effusions: Abdominal, Thoracic, and Pericardial
16. Transtracheal and Bronchoalveolar Washes
17. The Lung and Intrathoracic Structures
18. The Gastrointestinal Tract
19. The Pancreas
20. The Liver
21. The Spleen
22. The Kidneys
23. Examination of Urinary Sediment
24. The Male Reproductive Tract: Prostate, Testes, Penis, and Semen
25. Vaginal Cytology
26. Peripheral Blood Smears
27. The Bone Marrow
28. The Adrenal Gland
30. Flow Cytometry
31. Molecular Methods in Lymphoid Malignancies